Re: [BKARTS] Copyright

Agreed, and what I was trying to say.
p.

At 01:22 PM 6/23/2007, you wrote: well, not exactly. generally when one borrows html -- one replace the content with one's own unique content. a table layout in html is not any more unique an utterance than a table layout in a word document.

in other words, it is not the theft of html source code that is the problem.

I could format an entire book exactly in the same fonts as the harry potter with my own content and this would be taken as a parody, not a plagiarization. but if I claim that I am J.R Rawlings (or warner brothers), I would be perpetrating an entirely different crime. which is what these people have done by not altering the <metatags>.

I would call Alice's situation a case of identity theft rather than a copyright violation.

karen

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>