Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 24 Jun 2007 to 25 Jun 2007 (#2007-56)

Dear Robbin
Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, I have read the book and indeed it is one
of the rare works on paper making in India. Can I have her email address or
postal contact?
best,no

On 26/06/07, Robbin Ami Silverberg <dobbinmill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/26/07 12:00 AM, "BOOK_ARTS-L automatic digest system" <LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Date:    Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:51:40 +0100
> From:    Nadeem Omar <notarar@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Art of Book in India
>
> Dear All
> I was wondering if there is any one on the list who is interested in the
> historical study of Art of Book in India, which concerns us as part of a
> AHRC project on the Literary Cultures of north India in 14-16th
century.  We
> are planning to bring together art historians and scholars to explore
> the subject in a one day seminar in October at SOAS. A tentative agenda
is
> attached for your information. I will really appreciate your response.
>
> best regards
> Nadeem Omar

Alexandra Soteriou, anthropologist, paper historian, etc. wrote "Gift of the Conquerors: Hand Papermaking in India", 1999 -- she's passionate about the field and wonderful.

- Robbin Ami Silverberg
Dobbin Mill / Dobbin Books

-- Nadeem Omar Tarar Post-Doctoral Researcher Department of Languages and Cultures of South Asia School of Oriental and African Studies University of London, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square London, WC1H OXG

Email: No1@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 020 7898 4253