[BKARTS] airline regulations for tools

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have travelled with your bookbinding
tools on an airplane.  Are there certain items that are not allowed in
carryon and must be checked in?  I figure scapel, book knife, scissors
must be checked in, but what about bone folders?

I've grown quite attached to my bone folders and would hate to have
them go missing.

Someone has suggested sending the tools via mail to myself.  Has
anyone done this?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,
Janey