Re: [BKARTS] Label on 15th Century Book: Poll

The label Charlene use is ok, everybody knows that it is something added to the book in our century. I think that the custumer find it good.
Here in Trondheim at the oldest scientist library from 1768 it is not allowed for the librians to glue labels or mark with cataloque no. on rare and old books. I accept exlibris. All other information must be done on an acidfree paperstrip and lie unfasten between the board and textblock.
For a custumer I also fine the idea from Jack very good.
Othervise to restore old books are not always easy. Sometimes I have to look it for long time, before I deside what to do. Taken care of the original materials, yes but if missed a limpbinding or a reconstruction? Sometimes the old materials are not really original, because a book could have been rebinded during the centuries. It is important to take care of that history. Many aspects and choices, and the conservators often does not agree with each other.

Søren Ibsen