Re: [BKARTS] Looking For Specific Color Cloth

Ryan,

When we have had to match a buckram that is no longer available, we have
instead opted to order a small quantity of acrylic paint to match the
original color. As buckram is basically just acrylic saturated canvas, it
works quite well.

We recently had to bind a thesis for a young lady who wanted it in
bubble-gum pink. We painted a cloth with a heavy layer of acrylic paint
after having stretched it. It turned out very well, but note that we did
have to use an awful lot of paint to fill the cloth.

Generally, we do a lot of custom work, and such methods might not suit your
particular situation.

Robert Angus
Octavia & Co. Press