Re: [BKARTS] folded-in corners query

Claire,
I do not have a name for the folded-corners of text that remain untrimmed. As suggested by Ray Nichols, "Butterflies" sounds good.
However, I immediately recall a statement from a Bibliographer who spoke at the 1980 conservation conference at Cambridge University. He said something like "I know you book conservators, when you find one of those folded corners, you want to unfold it and cut it nice and clean. DON'T cut it, as it is evidence of the original size of the sheet, and that is very useful for researchers."

Bill Minter