  From: Janey Hou<mailto:jhoubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:00 PM
  Subject: [BKARTS] airline regulations for tools

  Hi all,

  I was wondering if any of you have travelled with your bookbinding
  tools on an airplane.  Are there certain items that are not allowed in
  carryon and must be checked in?  I figure scapel, book knife, scissors
  must be checked in, but what about bone folders?

  I've grown quite attached to my bone folders and would hate to have
  them go missing.

  Someone has suggested sending the tools via mail to myself.  Has
  anyone done this?

  I'd be grateful for any advice.

  Thanks,
  Janey