[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] turn-ins

Many thanks for your thoughts about a name for these turn-in edges. I have  
been finding them in a number of 15th century bindings I have been studying and 
 would like to use the correct term when describing them. I am delighted when 
I  find one as indeed they do give good evidence of original sheet size that  
the printer was using. My supervisor used the term 'printer's proof' but  
that sounds strange to my ears. Conservators must come across them.
I am collecting all your suggestions - any more???


               The Bonefolder, Vol. 3, No. 2, Spring 2007
          Now Online @ <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>
     Visit "The Book of Origins: A survey of American Fine Binding"
                Online exhibit and catalog order form at
             For all your subscription questions, go to the
                      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
          See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]