 From: Janey Hou<mailto:jhoubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:00 PM
 Subject: [BKARTS] airline regulations for tools

Hi all,

 I was wondering if any of you have travelled with your bookbinding
 tools on an airplane.  Are there certain items that are not allowed in
 carryon and must be checked in?  I figure scapel, book knife, scissors
 must be checked in, but what about bone folders?

 I've grown quite attached to my bone folders and would hate to have
 them go missing.

 Someone has suggested sending the tools via mail to myself.  Has
 anyone done this?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

 Thanks,
 Janey