Re: [BKARTS] How to make boxes

Søren Ibsen <soren.ibsen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote, in part, "The movable part of the
box is where you open and close it.  To open it easy there must be 5 mm
space in the joint. It is not nescessary when using carrugated board or
cardboard.
The board I mostly use for boxes is 2 mm archival millboard.   It can be
covered outside and innside with leather, buchram,  linen fabric or paper.
Probably not smart if we need to make a lot of boxes in a hurry.
Thanks --  Now I have it.

See the boxes at
<<http://www.9000phoneticwords.com/boxmakers/michaelboxes.html>>
All of the lidded boxes by Michael Elwell are made that way.

Years ago, I tried to get Michael Elwell to publish and sell plans for all those boxes -- but it never happened.

If I ever expand my current book -- I will tell how to make those boxes. They are made very much like books. In fact, Michael Elwell originally made leather covered books (blank journals) and made a living selling them at art shows in Santa Barbara. When he found out about our boxmakers -- he added boxes to his line.

Marty Carbone

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265