  What:   Annual Book Arts Fair at AMOA-Laguna Gloria
  Date:   Sunday, July 1st, 2007
  Where:  3809 West 35th Street, Austin, TX
  Time: 1:00pm until 5:00pm.
  This event is Free.
  Contact: contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  http://www.austinbookworkers.org/bookartfair.html

  The Book Fair is a celebration of the handmade book and the arts associated with it. There will be demonstrations and hands-on events including: paper marbling, paste paper making, calligraphy, miniature book making, pop-up books, creative book structures, working with leather, fine press printing, history of the book, calligraphy and paper making.

The event is free and promises to be lots of fun. Come enjoy this hands-on educational opportunity for book lovers of all ages.

  Austin Book Workers' goal is promoting books and book arts in central Texas. Through programs, workshops, and education, Austin Book Workers' aim is to make Central Texans -- and the world! -- more aware of books and book arts.

  Our members are bookbinders, conservators, calligraphers, retired persons, students, artists, and people who love the feel of books. We explore journals, artists' books, fine bindings, calligraphy, graphic books, book history and techniques.
  Membership is $12 annually.

  Austin Book Workers meets the second Thursday of September through May. Programs each month cover techniques, tools, and talent. Summer is our Under Cover Friends book exchange.
  For more information contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Jerome Collins, 512/699-7236