Re: [BKARTS] Stropping and stuff

The problem with only stropping is that eventually you will round the bevel angle and back of the blade. When the blade angle becomes too obtuse, the knife will not cut well. But I always keep my knives going as long as possible by just stropping.

"As far as I know, there is no generally accepted, reliable way to test (that is: precisely describe or specify) the sharpness of a cutting edge. Correct me if I am wrong"

Check out:

http://www.catra.org

The have invented machines not only to test and quantify sharpness, but edge retention, and other aspects.
Jeff