[BKARTS] Key to selling books

Do you know the best month to sell artist books to libraries?
Most educational institutions get their new funding in July or August to get ready for the new school year. August and September are very hectic months for librarians getting ready for the inflow of students. But they get get to breathe in October. And they have money in October.
So October is the best time for selling your books!

Do you know the easiest way to show all these librarians your books?
You can do what I have done for 6 years, travel all over the states visiting each college, university and major public library and showing (and selling) my books. The cost is heavy in time, energy and money. Figure in the cost of rental cars, gas, planes, hotels, and food. Juggling appointments, finding parking on college campus, walking across campus toting a suitcase full of books,then hurry to the next appointment hoping you are not late takes a lot of energy. Sometimes in a big city I might be able to visit 4 librarians a day, but then there is a lot of 1 appointment days with 2-300 miles to the next one. Whew!
Much easier to put your book in the Artist Book News which is mailed directly to artist book buying librarians world wide!

There is some room still for the October issue of the Artist book News. This full color publication is a great and inexpensive way to show your books and spread your name to the biggest single market of artist books! But you need to reserve your space asap.

For all the details and past issues go to http://www.mysticalplaces.com/abnews.html

Let me know it you want a space or two.

- Jill

Jill Timm