[BKARTS] How to remove end papers safely? [resend]

[This didn't seem to make it to the list the last time, so I am trying again. --JS]

I am repairing a not-valuable hardcover book published in 1949. The
cover looks as if it got wet and was eaten by insects. There's not much
to salvage there, but the end papers are in perfect shape and have maps
that are important. How do I safely remove the end papers?

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501-Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts

http://www.newsroom-l.net/