[BKARTS] How to remove end papers safely? : WARNING

        This has been discussed ad nauseum in this this discussion
group.  I originally formulated such a question.  I had some old books
which had maps on the endpapers which I wanted to preserve.  NONE, I
mean, NONE of the suggestions I received worked, particularly the one
about soaking the endpapers in water and then removing them with a
scapel.  What a mess!!!!  Steaming them also did not work.
	Something I did worked.  I removed the cover of the book, reproduced
the endpapers with a color Xerox, and incorporated them as fontispieces
and endpieces of the book, and then made new endpapers with marbled
paper.
	If you find anything that DOES work, let me know.

--
I am an old man and have known many troubles, but most of them never happened.
---- Mark Twain