Re: [BKARTS] How to remove end papers safely? [resend]

Jules,
The best tool for removing end papers that need to be preserved is patience. I have learned over many years that all the shortcuts don't really work as well as a scalpel and slowly, slowly dry removing the end papers. Almost any other method will affect the image on the end papers, whether changing the colours, stretching them or just weakening them to the point that they are useless.
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Jules Siegel wrote:
[This didn't seem to make it to the list the last time, so I am trying again. --JS]

I am repairing a not-valuable hardcover book published in 1949. The
cover looks as if it got wet and was eaten by insects. There's not much
to salvage there, but the end papers are in perfect shape and have maps
that are important. How do I safely remove the end papers?