[BKARTS] Grain issues

Hi, thanks to everyone who posted advice on how to make your own book cloth.
I needed to make some, and following instructions I found in the archives, I
used Heat `n Bond Light and it worked really well. I do have one question,
though: I'm making book cloth out of dupioni silk, and it has very visible
lines running along the grain of the cloth. Even though I'm very careful in
cutting, I still find that I often wind up with book cloth that has the
grain running a bit sideways, instead of straight up and down, which doesn't
look good. Any tips for getting a straight grain?

Right now, I'm cutting the silk into pieces, and then fusing it to the Heat
`n Bond, but would it work better to fuse a large piece of the silk, and
then cut it into pieces? I don't want to ruin any more cloth, so thought I'd
ask you all before I proceed further. Thanks.

Cheers,
Barbara

--
Barbara Simler