[BKARTS] Drop spine box for single document

Good morning.

If anyone out there has thoughts on the advisability of making a drop
spine box for a single document-in this case a field map done in pencil
of the Battle of Arkansas (1863)-I'd enjoy hearing from you.  Because
this item is a bit of a treasure for us and because it's in pencil, it
needs a treatment other than a melinex enclosure.  It also needs to be
put away and not handled by our customers here at the History
Commission.  Researchers can work from a copy.

I'm thinking of doing drop spine boxes for our state constitutions, our
succession document, and a Quapaw treaty as well, so I'd like to hear
any thoughts you might have about proceeding with drop spine boxes-or an
alternative--for our hugely significant documents.  At present, many of
these items are in melinex enclosures and I'd like to liberate them and
house them in something better.  Or perhaps the consensus is that the
melinex enclosures are as good as it gets . . . .

Thanks,

Jane