Re: [BKARTS] How to remove end papers safely? [resend]

jgodsey wrote:
even if the object is not worth the time it is good practice for when something more valuable comes along.

folks often forget to practice these methods on worthless items, so that you have the skills for later.
I agree fully. The book isn't worthless, though. It has some sentimental value and it is in good reading shape -- The Egyptian by Mika Waltari. I read it when I was a boy and loved it. Then it showed up in our local used book store and Anita, who was an Egyptian history fanatic as a kid but had never read it, brought it home.

Thanks to everyone who replied, including those off-list. I scanned the endpapers. I'm going to dry moistening the boards, possibly with a steam iron, and then peeling the endpapers off. If I ruin them, I'll just reprint them.

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501-Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts

http://www.newsroom-l.net/