Re: [BKARTS] Grain issues

Right now, I'm cutting the silk into pieces, and then fusing it to the Heat
`n Bond, but would it work better to fuse a large piece of the silk, and
then cut it into pieces? I don't want to ruin any more cloth, so thought I'd
ask you all before I proceed further. Thanks.

Yes, you're far better off with fusing a big piece and then cutting it down to size, and it's been my very limited experience that you're better off fusing the paper and Heat n Bond to the fabric, than the Heat n Bond and fabric to the paper.

I've tried both with some very fine felt (which has no grain) and find that doing the paper first seems to work better there as well: anyone else tried this experiment?

Linda
--
Linda M. Cunningham      | Artists' Books and Fibre Studio
http://lasquetipress.blogspot.com