Re: [BKARTS] Drop spine box for single document

I've done a drop spine box for one of our state treasures.  Made it a
"shadow" style box, with a UV protected plexi sheet over top the
document, so that when the lid was opened, the item was on display, but
could not be touched.

It works very well.

I've made other types of boxes for single document items, as well. These
are items that don't go on display as much as the one I discussed above.

I'd say it depends on the size of the item and how you'll be using it in
the future as to whether you'll want to make a drop spine or another
sort of box.

However, I do absolutely agree with you that nicely made boxes are much
better than melinex for storing significant documents.

Sincerely
Dolly Blunt
Preservation Officer
State Library and Archives of Florida