Re: [BKARTS] fusible interfacing versus paper

Hello Mary Jo,

Perhaps the fabric is tight and heavy enough to use without backing. Or perhaps you could use one of the many sheet adhesives to attach the cloth directly to the boards. I have successfully covered board with unbacked canvas, denim & kacki shirts using pva. It seems that the penetration of the pva into the fabric is less than when mixed with Methyl Cellulose.
Keith Smith in his "non-adhesive bindings" books has some good suggestions.

good luck,

Charles Jones