[BKARTS] Release party for new Booklyn book by Raymond Pettivon, Joel Rane, and Cristin Sheehan Sullivan

Dear Important and Talkative People,

I'm sending you this announcement so that, perhaps, you could assist us in GETTING THE WORD OUT.

Booklyn is, after-all, a small struggling non-profit artist run organization (with an attitude) that, at the very least, deserves some chatter.

So please spread the word, and let me now if I can provide you with more information.

Mega-thanks to Kim Light of Lightbox, Joel Rane, Raymond Pettivon, and Cristin Sheehan Sullivan
for making this all possible - they didn't really need our help
but they were glad to help us realize this vastly amusing and somewhat profound project.

Super thank you, I hope to see you all at the event,

Marshall Weber, Booklyn, Organik

718-383-9621

(Link to the below listing - http://www.booklyn.org/news/000393.php)

Scream at the Librarian

Booklyn is ecstatic to announce the publication of

.
 : Portraits of our Patrons in Downtown Los Angeles

Published by the Booklyn Artists Alliance, 2007
 9.5x6. 5", 94 pages, 2-color silk-screens with letter pressed elements

Release party with the author and artists hosted by Kim Light and Marshall Weber Thursday September 13th, 6-8PM at Lightbox 2656 South La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles

Covers removed and bound on backwards with drop spine Tapes binding, various activations, divots, sticker, letterpress bookplate, other goodies, evidence of fetishistic attitudes.

Designed by Mark Wagner, Amy Mees, Sara Parkel, (literary tip given by Peter Spagnuolo)

Signed by the author and artists in a numbered edition of 50, with 10 AP’s

$980

"From June 2001 to April 2006, I was a reference librarian in the Literature and Fiction Department of the Central Library, Downtown Los Angeles...

....there are thousands of people in the streets, limping through the doors of the Central Library, beating on the pay phones, not begging for help but demanding to pull the rest of us down into their dark hole. The library is their refuge, four stories up, four stories down into a dark hole. This is the Downtown Los Angeles I knew."