[BKARTS] Earlier deadline for RBS scholarship applications

In order to allow scholarships awarded in the fall 2007 cycle to be used in Rare Book School (RBS) courses offered in New York City in January 2008, the deadline for RBS scholarship applications has been changed; the deadline -- 1 September 2007 -- is a month EARLIER than has been the case in the past. We'd be grateful if you'd pass the word along to potentially interested students.

We are pleased to announce a further expansion of our scholarship program. In its fall 2007 cycle, the RBS Scholarship Committee will be able to award more than 75 full-tuition scholarships for use by students taking RBS courses in 2008 or 2009.
The usual rules apply: students apply for a scholarship generally, rather than for any particular RBS course. Successful applicants in the fall 2007 competition may then use their scholarships for any RBS course offered in 2008 or 2009 to which they are subsequently admitted.

See http://www.virginia.edu/oldbooks/scholarship/#application for further information about RBS scholarships, and a description of the application procedures.

The current RBS Scholarship Committee comprises:
Melissa Mead (Digital and Visual Resources Librarian, University of Rochester) chair, through 2007; Nathaniel Adams (formerly Assistant Director for Programs, RBS) through 2008; Vic Zoschak (Tavistock Books, Alameda, CA) through 2009; Libby Chenault (Librarian, Rare Book Collection, University of North Carolina) through 2010.

Terry Belanger
University Professor, Honorary Curator of Special Collections
Director, Rare Book School : University of Virginia
Rare Book School : PO 400103 : Charlottesville, VA 22904-4103
Email belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxx : Phone 434-924-8851 : Fax 434-924-8824
URL <http://www.rarebookschool.org>