[BKARTS] New to list with a Querry about 1960's die plates

Just signed up for the list and am looking forward to learning.  I have a client who asked me to do some research on a set of dies used to make metal book covers for bibles.  These never were in production and made at the Sossner Studio in Brooklyn.

My client would like to sell the dies - it is a complete set, but in the meantime I'm interested in your thoughts about them and any recommendations.

Thanks,

David Friedman
Bibliotique

Curious if anyone has any experience or ideas for me regarding a set of dies that a client wants me to sell.

The dies were designed with Cardinal Spellman's assistance in the 1960's, and made at a well known plant in Brooklyn.

They never were put into production, although a couple of prototypes were made (my client set them to the side as a project to do when he retired).

The set is complete to fully stamp out all aspects of the cover.

I have a URL of the prototypes to give you an idea of the look.

Any thoughts--

They were appraised by an engineer for 600k.

It is a complete fully functioning set of dies.

David

the url to get a look is:

http://bibliotique.net/auction/807bible-main.jpg

      David Friedman
  www.bibliotique.net
    Proud member of  www.IOBA.org
Interested in P/T or F/T business opportunities??
Visit:  www.yourfamilyfirst.com/bibliotique