From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Wiering Books
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:00 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Help Indentifying Typeface

Beth, I have brass type in this style. Not sure of the name, but it
looks like Elizabethan, or Kent. As far as I know these are old styles
used in bookbinding and are still available through various suppliers
but not as digital typefaces of letterpress. I don't know for sure; if
someone knows more about the history of these faces let us know. As far
as this style, what I have looks exactly the same-or at least close.
But what is the height of your letters?
Vernon Wiering

Wiering Books
1553 Orville Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA
616/248-5434

Period bookbinding and restoration, by hand.

Visit
http://www.wieringbooks.com