Re: [BKARTS] Help with Font - One More

Motte & Bailey, Booksellers wrote:
Hello all -
I read the discussion on identifying a font with interest, as I found a font I dearly like but do not know much about. I found it in mid 1930's (1934-1936 I think) Gutenbergs Jahresbuch. I have included a scan of it below. In particular I like the t's, the f's and the crossed 7's. Any suggestions as to name or family would be helpful. I don't hope that there is a digital version, but if you know of one similar, please let me know.

And Jules wrote:
Try http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

You will need to rescan the sample to fit their requirements, but if it exists, their system will identify it.

One can also use Identifont's font-finding tool (http://www.identifont.com/identify.html) and type in a range of characters to answer questions about -- this might be faster, and let you see possible alternatives.

Cheers
Linda
--
Linda M. Cunningham      | Artists' Books and Fibre Studio
http://lasquetipress.blogspot.com