Re: [BKARTS] Ramieband

I had always understood that Ramie band was made from ramie, which is a cellulosic fiber.  It does have excellent tensile and wet strength, but I think that it may not have the greatest fold endurance, as it is brittle.  That said, I don't think it contains naural lignin like other cellulosic fibers.  My skein of ramieband has never yellowed.

Perhaps a blend of cotton and ramie is worth investigating for our purposes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramie

http://www.microscopyu.com/galleries/phasecontrast/ramiefiberssmall.html

Jake Benson