[BKARTS] SLART reminder

The current pre-publication subscription price to SLART expires August 31. This archival limited edition is just 100 copies, with a Deluxe edition of 10 copies. There is now an order form and info on the Minsky website:

If you are a Second Life resident and only want to read SLART in-world, I will be issuing it as an in-world book as well. As a Book_Arts-l subscriber, you also my be interested in learning how to make books inside Second Life. I will be offering classes in SL bookmaking. Yes, you can make books with covers and pages that turn. The in-world books can also link to web pages, dispense objects, and have a table of contents that enable you to open the book to a particular page.

This weekend I will be at the SLCC (Second Life Community Conference) at the Chicago Hilton, and will have a printer's proof of SLART, in case you'll be there and want to see it. On Saturday in the 3 to 4 pm session I'll be presenting a paper in the Business Track on The Art World Market of Second Life. The paper will be printed in SLART. It addresses the differences in creation, production, reproduction, marketing, distribution, and storage of art in Second Life, ethical and legal issues.

SLART also includes reviews of exhibitions mounted inside Second Life, and interviews with artists who have been creating their work inside SL for years, pioneering methodologies and aesthetics unique to this medium.

Please do let me know if you will be in Chicago this weekend and would like to meet.

Best regards,
Richard