[BKARTS] potdevin adhesives

Hi Everyone,
I just bought a couple of old Potdevin gluers and would like to know what adhesives people have found to work well in them that are also archival. I have one cold glue one as well as a mammoth 21 inch hot melt one. I intend using them for two purposes:
1. to back cloth with paper for bookbinding and box making and
2. bonding paper backed bookbinding cloth to millboard.
I understand that I can use pretty well any standard PVA even mixing it with starch paste in the cold one. Is that correct? Any hints on how runny I should make the paste combination?
I haven't a clue about hot animal glues. I have used a pearlized wood worker's animal glue occasionally for gluing but never really liked it much - Any ideas what I should use ion this machine and where to get it?
Thanks for your help,
Dave Allen

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca