Re: [BKARTS] Patent gold leaf for finishing?

Beth, I'm not a bookbinder. I use patent gold leaf for manuscript illumination. I've never had a problem with the paper backing.

If you have doubts, I'll be happy to buy the leaf from you.

Here's a trick for loose leaf gold. Cut it along with the paper backing into the little pieces you need. The cut edges will stay together - not as well as patent gold, but pretty well. Make sure your scissors are absolutely clean. Wipe the blades with acetone every time the gold shows signs of sticking to them. Handle the cut pieces with tweezers and they should make it to their destination safely.

Corinna