[BKARTS] Leather (Advertisement)

Dear David,

1oz, equates to 0.4mm. So 2oz = 0.8mm, 2.5oz = 1.0mm, etc. Typical leathers for bookbinding are supplied at between 0.6mm - 1.0mm (1.5oz - 2.5oz), although both heavier and lighter skins can be produced on request.

If you are taking your first steps with leather paring, binding, etc., we at Hewits offer a range of lower cost leathers ideally suited for practising. You may want to have a look at our Bangladesh Calfskin Necks @ http://www.hewit.com/acatalog/Speciality_Leathers.html At around USD18.00 per piece, they are an ideal way to practice your techniques on a 'bookbinding' quality leather. When you have progressed a little, then our new Highlander Goat @ http://www.hewit.com/acatalog/Goat.html may be of interest.

kind regards,

David

David Lanning J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. sales@xxxxxxxxx http://www.hewit.com Mobile: 07947 754842 Voice Mail: +44 (0) 1280 709701 Skype Name: davidlanning

Edinburgh Numbers
Tel: +44 (0) 131 449 2206
Fax: +44 (0) 131 451 5081

Subject: Leather

If I were to buy leather on ebay, I see vendors offering 2oz and 1oz.
Would anyone care to elaborate some? Which should I think about etc