Re: [BKARTS] lengthy discussion a few years ago about artist books (what is an artist's book?)

the most recent discussion included
the writings of the critic Johanna Drucker.
It was interesting and may be of help too.
I don't know that is archived?

Susan Magnolia

>>> verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/04/07 5:38 PM >>>
That discussion, actually from 1998, can be found at
<http://www.philobiblon.com/whatisabook.shtml> all digested together.
There have been other resurrections, but none lasted quite as long.
They're in the archive too, just harder to find.

Hope this helps,

Peter Verheyen
Listowner, Book_Arts-L

At 04:40 PM 9/4/2007, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>A few years ago, perhaps as far back as early 2004, there was a
>wonderful stream on this listserv about what constitutes an artist's
>book.  I would like to be able to access it again but cannot
>remember when the some 90 pages were put together and how to find
>them. Does anyone have that material accessible? Or, even better, is
>it archived?
>Thanks much in advance for your assistance.
>Sura Levine
>Professor of Art History
>Hampshire College
>School of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies
>893 West Street
>Amherst, MA 01002

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC