[BKARTS] Print Dialogue Days, Oct. 5-6, Boone, NC

Dear Printmakers, Papermakers and Book Artists,

You're invited! The American Print Alliance 2007 Print Dialogue Days will be
October 5 and 6 at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina.
Our annual Saturday get-together, filled with conversation and demos, has
been a regular event around the South since 1997. This year, we're starting
on Friday with a fun participatory screenprinting event and gallery
receptions, and then on Saturday we'll have our speakers, panel discussions,
open portfolios and demonstrations. Everyone is invited to help create a
closer sense of community among the area's printmakers, including students
in print and design arts, our future professional colleagues. Free and open
to the public (a small donation to the American Print Alliance would be
appreciated).

Please RSVP to Carol Pulin at this temporary email
printalliance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with PDD in the subject line; this will help us
plan refreshments, but everyone is welcome, even at the last minute.

For more information, see our brochure http://www.art.appstate.edu/
For driving directions and maps, see http://www.web.appstate.edu/maps/
For other questions, please write to our hosts, April Flanders
flandersav@xxxxxxxxxxxx or Scott Ludwig ludwigsp@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Print Dialogue Days schedule:

Friday, October 5, 2007

noon - 4:30 pm
The Great North Carolina Printoff
Students from Appalachian State University will host students from area
universities to create wearable art in a collaborative screenprinting
venture. Each student will bring a screen to print on t-shirts and other
wearable items. The public is invited to participate in the creation of
clothing by choosing the stencil and color of their choice. On the lawn
adjacent to Farthing Auditorium, 733 Rivers St.

5:30 to 8 pm
First Friday art walk and receptions at local galleries
* Soap Box Prints: For a Cleaner Environment (the American Print Alliance's
new traveling portfolio) at the Jones House, 604 W. King St.
* North Carolina Student Juried Printmaking Show at Looking Glass Gallery,
ASU Student Union
* Althea Murphy-Price at Catherine J. Smith Gallery, Farthing Auditorium
* Prints! Pow! Wow! A Conversation in Print at the Turchin Center for the
Visual Arts, 423 W. King St.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

9 - 10 am
Coffee and refreshments at the Turchin Center for the Visual Arts, 423 W.
King St.

10 am - noon
Speakers: Althea Murphy-Price, Scott Ludwig, April Flanders, Matt Liddle,
Bill Clements, Matt Egan, Beth Grabowski and Carol Pulin

noon - 2 pm
Lunch and Open Portfolio session
Everyone is invited to display their work and share ideas. Break-out session
with Judith O'Rourke on the business of printmaking.

2 - 5 pm
Demonstration of printmaking using silicone stencils on glass plates, by
Judith O'Rourke of Littleton Studios.

If you haven't yet subscribed to Contemporary Impressions, the journal of
the American Print Alliance, you don't have to wait! You could be enjoying
the current issue right now with articles by or about Lise Drost, Kore Loy
Wildrekind-McWhirter, Art Hazelwood, Scotland Stout, Nancy Davison, Melanie
Yazzie, Sheri Fleck Rieth, Richard Finch and Veda Rives. The Fall issue will
include DeWitt Cheng, Lynn Bishop, Stephen Fredericks interviewing Will
Barnet, and an article and original color lithograph by Sarah Whorf. Members
of our councils receive a discounted price of $30 (instead of $37, a savings
of about 20%) and Print Dialogue Days attendees may subscribee for only $25;
full-time students pay only $15 for full benefits including a password to
our website and the opportunity to show their work for free in our online
Print Bin.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and your prints!
Carol Pulin, director
American Print Alliance
non-profit consortium of printmakers' councils
302 Larkspur Turn, Peachtree City GA 30269
www.PrintAlliance.org, director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you don't want to receive email from the American Print Alliance
(invitations to our events and calls for entry), please reply to this
email with "remove" in the subject line. We respect your privacy: we do not
sell or share our email list, we send only our own non-profit information