Re: [BKARTS] Gluing large sheets to board

Hi Andie,
Unless you have a potdevin or similar gluer the best way is to use starch paste which gives you the time to work the paste around. I also tend to glue in stages when I am doing large portfolios. I glue the pieces of board which tend to be smaller and then glue the edges of the paper for turning. Uses more scrap paper under the edges but makes an easier job of it.
Hope that helps,
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Andie Thrams wrote:
Hi,

I am seeking tips for gluing large sheets of paper (19x 25") to book board... how to avoid wrinkles and bumps, curling, etc. Is this a good time to mix wheat paste and PVA?

Any tips most appreciated.

Thanks,
Andie Thrams