[BKARTS] On the Road in Lowell

Dear Friends

Last weekend I visited Jack Kerouac's On the Road scroll in his hometown of Lowell, MA. The scroll is a wondrous object and of interest as a book form as well as for its writing and cultural significance. One of our lisr members, Jim Canary, has a much closer relationship with the scroll as its keeper. But even seeing it through a plexi case was an inspirational experience. I posted some notes about the scroll and the accompanying exhibit on my in good spirit blog. The exhibit continues in Lowell daily through October 14 and then moves on to the New York Public Library.

The first artists' book I made was one about Jack Kerouac and Lowell for an exhibition of Lowell artists at the Rencontre Internationale Jack Kerouac in Quebec City in 1988. I adapted the one-of-a-kind book into an edition and more recently into a powerpoint slide show. There is a link to the powerpoint version at
http://www.ingoodspirit.blogspot.com

in good spirit
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord skgaylord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx