Re: [BKARTS] sugar paper

I think it might be what we call construction paper. Construction paper is widely used in the US for children's crafts. It's generally colored, and not at all light fast. It's heavier than text weight paper. It has a toothy, matte, surface. Does that sound like sugar paper?

Margie

Christine Headley wrote:
or is it sugarpaper...

Anyway, is it a material known in the USA? If not, how would one describe it to an international readership?

I'm making a web page for my so-called bookbinding business (it would bore most people on this list to tears, but I'm selling something pretty basic because it's all I can do!). I have sugarpaper and I can bind it up in books for children but, if I'm communicating with Americans, they need to know what I'm talking about. (I don't see why anyone should buy such a book transatlantic, but I'd hate to lose sales just because I wasn't understood.)

Best wishes Christine

Christine Headley
Listowner, Virtual Book Group - October choice - An Ice Cream War by William Boyd
Butterrow, Stroud, Glos