Re: [BKARTS] sugar paper

At 23:34 23/09/2007, Margie wrote:
I think it might be what we call construction paper. Construction paper is widely used in the US for children's crafts. It's generally colored, and not at all light fast. It's heavier than text weight paper. It has a toothy, matte, surface. Does that sound like sugar paper?

This sounds most like it. In the UK, it's certainly a 'children' thing rather than a 'historic' one.

Christine Headley wrote:
or is it sugarpaper...

Anyway, is it a material known in the USA? If not, how would one describe it to an international readership?

Best wishes
Christine

Christine Headley
Listowner, Virtual Book Group - October choice - An Ice Cream War by William Boyd
Butterrow, Stroud, Glos