[BKARTS] Mold Prevention Product?

Hi, All,
I've just received this query and welcome your input. It sounds like two questions.
1) Is there a product that can be used on books to prevent them from molding?
2) Is paper now impregnated with fungicide, and when did that start?
Other than adding thymol to adhesives per Middleton, I'm not up on anti-mold additives.
"...someone has informed us that there is a product that was created that is used to treat books to prevent mold and mildew.  Many of the books that we find grow mold are older books. We are trying to determine if their is such a product that is added to preserve books in the printing/binding process and if so approximately what year was this process begun."
Bob Roberts