Re: [BKARTS] ortho-phenylphenol anyone?

J. J. Foncannon wrote:
Sometime ago I asked a question about the use of nitrophenol as an
antifungicide. It was never satisfactorily answered, although there
were many alarmist replies from those with no experience, based on info
in the MSDS.
Many questions have come up about adhesives, too, that were never
satisfactorily answered.
CONCLUSION: We need a chemist in this group (preferably, an adhesive
chemist.) However, about phenylphenol, I found some useful information at http://aic.stanford.edu/sg/bpg/annual/v03/bp03-01.html.
Question: how may we obtain this in reasonable quantitites?

Actually I am doing the research because I am buying other products
from a manufacturer who markets it and I am thinking of adding it to my catalog of book repair products.
Aside from using it as an additive to retard fungus I haven't found a use for it in my particular province . .yet.
They are sending materials along with a sample, apparently some of their consumers are using it for leather conservation in libraries.

joyce

jgodsey wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with the fungicide ortho-phenylphenol?
specifically under the brand name of VitaSan33.
thank you.

--
j. godsey
14 pleasant st

www.sicpress.com  - Book repair and cleaning supplies
Unbound: Book Repair for Booksellers
Book Deodorizer - the guaranteed solution

www.bibliophilebullpen.com