Re: [BKARTS] more on ortho-phenylphenol

On Oct 9, 2007, at 8:53 AM, Jane Thompson wrote:

Oh my goodness. I have gallons of PVA in my lab that are positively ancient. I use the stuff with impugnity. How long is "a long time," (assuming the PVA passes the smell test) before one should consider tossing it?

It is my understanding from the manufacturer that PVA has a Shelf Life. If I remember correctly, Jade 403 PVA has a shelf life of 12 or 18 months. I'm not sure how it shows it age, therefore, I do not use it much beyond that time to avoid potential adhesion problems.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020