Re: [BKARTS] kuttrimmer

I use a kuttrimer at home. It cuts board just fine, althought it will over time dull your blade considerably, especially if you are using heavy board. Also, it has a hand clamp, not a foot clamp, and so you can't put as much pressure on the board to keep it from pulling out of square as you cut. If you plan to be cutting a great deal of board, I would opt for a board shear. If space/money is an issue, you can always cut board by hand with a ruler and an olfa knife.
-Bexx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Sosa" <karen.sosa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:59 PM
Subject: [BKARTS] kuttrimmer

I have heard conflicting reports about Kuttrimmers and their ability to cut
binder's board, particularly if it is to be heavily used. I'm looking for
more opinions, especially from people who use it heavily, ie. for edition
bindings.
And if there is positive feed-back, could you recommend a particular model?
Thanks so much,
karen sosa