From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave
Allen
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:37 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kuttrimmer

Hi Bob,
I managed to pick up a real old Jacques cutter (with a wooden table
insert instead of the later steel one). I took both blades to my local
sharpener and he was able to sharpen it so well I didn't even have to
adjust the built-in measuring stick. The big mistake people make when
the cutter starts to get dull is to pull the blade in as they bring it
down. That simply wears the edge faster and could result in not being
able to sharpen it very many times. Adjustment can be a bit of a bear
(it took me a whole day) but I can even cut silk with it now as well as
.118 millboard.
Hope this info helps you make a decision,
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca