Re: [BKARTS] PVA Shelf Life

We gave up using PVA about 10 years ago because of the presence of plasticisers in the PVA formulas. We now only use EVA. EVA is less susceptible to mould, due to the absence of these plasticisers.

On the few occasions we have had a little mould forming in the EVA, we use tea tree oil. The mould problems are much more common in the EVA/paste and EVA/Methyl Cellulose mixes. We automatically add tea tree oil at each batch, and now never have any mould problems. Tea Tree oil is well known for its antiseptic and antifungal properties.

David