Re: [BKARTS] ortho-phenylphenol / long-term paste storage

Andrew Rabkin wrote:

?my PVA, stored in an airtight Rubbermaid container swabbed out with ethanol
prior to use, starts to get moldy within a few weeks.?

I?d be willing to bet that the problem is with mold on your brushes, which
is transferred into your Rubbermaid container. Maybe you aren?t drying your
brushes thoroughly after cleaning?

Jim

James Reid-Cunningham
Chief Conservator