From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Karen Hanmer
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:04 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] kutrimmer and sharpening

Hello all.

I had a 44" (floor model) Kutrimmer for 3 years. It was great for paper
and thin board, kept square, clamped tightly.

However, I could only hack at, not cleanly cut, thick or dense boards,
or a boards made of two sheets of mat board laminated with paste. The
problems with cutting board led me to replace it with a board shear this
summer.

I used Jeff Peachey's fabulous board shear sharpener to keep the
Kutrimmer blade honed. It works well, comes with clear instructions and
is very easy to use. I never found it necessary to send the blade out to
be sharpened.

Best wishes,

Karen