Re: [BKARTS] aluminum alkoxide

I found an article that discusses this use, but we don't have the
journal, sorry.  Here is the citation, abstract and list of references:

The deterioration of leather. Thomson, R. Oundle, UK. Journal of the Society of Leather Technologists and Chemists (2006), 90(4), 137-145. Publisher: Society of Leather Technologists and Chemists, CODEN: JSLTBY ISSN: 0144-0322.
Abstract

The main causes of deterioration of leather are reviewed, particularly with ref. to museums and other heritage collections. Damage caused by bacteria, fungi, insects and vertebrates is described, as are the methods of eradication. Phys. damage arising from the hygroscopic nature of leather and other skin products is discussed. The factors leading to the type of chem. decay termed red rot are analyzed and the role of oxidn. and hydrolysis is considered. The final section deals briefly with the treatment of chem. degraded leather with aluminum alkoxide.

Citations

1) Pye, E; Caring for the past:issues in conservation for archaeology and museums 2001
2) Kite, M; Conservation of leather and related materials 2006
3) Lollar, R; Deterioration of materials - cause and preventive techniques 1954, 507
4) Thomson, R; J Soc Leather Technologists and Chemists 2001, 85, 66
5) Seligsberger, L; The chemistry and technology of leather 1958, II, 489
6) Bowes, J; A fundamental study of the mechanism of the deterioration of leather fibres 1958
7) Thomson, R; Leather and fur:aspects of early medieval trade and technology 1988, 1
8) Petushkova, Y; Mikrobiologiia 1984, 53, 399
9) Strzelczyk, A; International Biodeterioration 1987, 23, 3
10) Strzelczyk, A; International Biodeterioration 1989, 25, 39
11) Bergmann, M; Collegium 1929, 711, 326
12) Kowalik, R; Restaurator 1980, 4, 200
13) Hooke, R; Micrographia, or some physiological descriptions of minute bodies made by magnifying glasses, with observations and inquiries thereupon 1655
14) Procter, H; Leather industries' laboratory book of analytical and experimental methods 1908
15) Florian, M; Heritage eaters:insects and fungi in heritage collections 1998
16) Innes, R; Progress in leather science 1920-1945 1948, 426
17) Kanagy, J; National Bureau of Standards Journal of Research 1946, 36, 441
18) Razadan, M; Biodeterioration of cultural property 1991, 160
19) Barghoorn, R; J American Leather Chemists' Association 1950, 45, 688
20) Dempsey, M; J Soc Leather Trades' Chemists 1945, 29, 133
21) Musgrave, A; J Soc Leather Trades' Chemists 1950, 34, 324
22) Hyde, G; J Soc Leather Trades' Chemists 1951, 35, 82
23) Roddy, W; J American Leather Chemists' Association 1954, 49, 773
24) Wilson, H; J American Leather Chemists' Association 1954, 49, 404
26) Anon; Recommendations for the storage and exhibition of archival documents 2000, BS54542000
27) Calnan, C; Fungicides used on leather 1985
28) Thomson, R; Pest attack and pest control in organic materials 1996
29) Parker, A; J Soc Archivists 1993, 14, 175
30) Musgrave, A; Progress in leather science 1920-1945 1946, 473
31) Dickenson, J; Conservation of leather and related materials 2006, 130
32) Florian, M; Leather Conservation News 1986, 3, 1
33) Strang, T; Collection Forum 1992, 8, 41
34) Barrington, R; Conservation News 1995, 56, 44
35) Thomson, R; Leather Conservation News 1995, 11, 11
36) Thomson, R; J Soc Leather Technologists and Chemists 2000, 84, 20
37) Wilson, J; The chemistry of leather manufacture, 2nd ed 1929, II, 1100
38) Woods, C; Conservation of leather and related materials 2006, 200
39) Calnan, C; Leather, its composition and changes with time 1991, 41
40) Bowes, J; Leather, its composition and changes with time 1991, 99
41) Spiers, C; Annals of Science 1959, 25, 179
42) Leighton, J; J Soc Arts 1858-1859, 7, 209
43) Cockerell, D; J Soc Arts 1900, 48, 401
44) Cobham; J Soc Arts 1900-1901, 49, 621
45) Cobham; Report of the Committee on Leather for Bookbinding 1905
46) Hulme, E; Leather for libraries 1905
47) Procter, H; The principles of leather manufacture 1903
48) Procter, H; Leather Trades' Review 1901, 34, 19
49) Procter, H; J Soc Chemical Industry 1901, 20, 287
50) Veitch, F; J American Leather Chemists' Assn 1926, 21, 156
51) Innes, R; J Soc Leather Trades' Chemists 1930, 14, 624
52) Innes, R; J Soc Leather Trades' Chemists 1931, 15, 480
53) Kanagy, J; National Bureau of Standards Journal of Research 1936, 17, 247
54) Bowker, R; Stiasny Festschrift 1937, 21
55) Haines, B; Leather, its composition and changes with time 1991, 66
56) Innes, R; Leather World 1932, 24, 22
57) Anonymous; Leather World 1932, 24, 195
58) Raistrick, A; British Leather Manufacturers' Research Association Research Report 1977, LR58
59) Larsen, R; Postprints of the third interim meeting of the ICOM-CC working group on leathercraft and related objects 1993, 3
60) Richardin, P; STEP leather project final report 1994, 75
61) Nayudamma, Y; The chemistry and technology of leather 1958, II, 28
62) Vilmont, L; STEP leather project second progress report 1993, 105
63) Taylor, J; British Leather Manufacturers' Research Association Research Report 1971, LR50
64) Vilmont, L; Postprints of the third interim meeting of the ICOM-CC working group on leathercraft and related objects 1993, 10
65) Larsen, R; STEP leather project final report 1994, 165
66) Larsen, R; Thermochimica acta 2000, 365, 85
67) Florian, M; Conservation of leather and related materials 2006, 36
68) Procter, H; J Soc Chemical Industry 1900, 19, 23
69) Cheshire, A; J Int Soc Leather Trades' Chemists 1946, 30, 134
70) Florian, M; Conservation of marine archaeological materials 1987, 21
71) Plenderleith, H; The preservation of leather bookbindings 1946
72) Haines, B; The conservation of bookbinding leather:report prepared for the British Library by the British Leather Manufacturers' Research Association 1984
73) Calnan, C; Postprints of the interim meeting of the ICOM-CC working group on leathercraft and related objects, Offenbach-am-Main, 1989 1990, 9
74) Larsen, R; Preprints of the 11th, triennial meeting of ICOM-CC, Edinburgh 1996 1996, 742
75) Moutsatou, A; Proceedings of the 7th international conference on non-destructive testing and micro analysis for the diagnostics and conservation of the cultural and environmental heritage 2002
76) Thomson, R; Bookbinder 2003, 17, 65