To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: Print Gocco

Bev, thank you for posting that. I'm super excited about it. It just so happened that this was Portland Open Studios weekend, so my studio was open from 10-5 both days, and I had about 300 people come through. I did Gocco demos all day both days, and that was a lot of demos. Of course, as always, just about everyone wanted to know where they could buy one.

Jill Blissen, who started the Save Gocco movement, came by and we met for the first time (she recently moved to Portland). I had the NYT column posted up on the hall closet door right by where people walked in, and everyone thought it was really cool.

I had a friend helping me during the Open Studios event. He's almost exactly 12 years younger than I am to the day. In the morning, people were asking if he was my husband. By the afternoon, after I'd done what felt like 100 gocco demos, people were asking if he was my son!

So that is what doing gocco demos will do to you.

Shu-Ju ---------- http://www.fingerstothebone.com Paintings, Drawings, Prints, Artist's Books