Re: [BKARTS] Nuremberg Chronicle woodblock prints

Hello Blari,

Two important studies not yet mentioned in the various responses:

Wilson, Adrian. THE MAKING OF THE NUREMBERG CHRONICLE.? Amsterdam. Nico Israel, 1976. The study, based on the discovery

of the original page lay-out/dummies for the book.

and:

Shafer, Ellen, THE NUREMBERG CHRONICLE.? Los Angeles: Dawson's Book Shop, 19? (my copy isn't at hand).

And already mentioned is the PBSA article on collating the prints.

You have already discovered the supposed, but very likely, connection with Albrecht Durer as an apprentice woodblock

carver on the project?

Roger A. Wicker

Turtle Island Book Shop - ABAA

3032 Claremont Avenue