Re: [BKARTS] Coptic binding

yes, i belive Smith covers it in his first book, non adhesive bindings vol 1. i think it is the single-needle chain stitch that he has in there.

i learned the paired-needle chain stitch from instructions on the volcano arts site - this tutorial includes how to make a metal cover but you can just skip that part and go directly to the sewing:
http://www.volcanoarts.biz/muse/artitude/peterpan/coptic.htm

•Rhonda•